Method - Urine
- Upon ordering, the lab kit will be sent directly to your home address.
- You take your sample in the comfort of your own home and send your sample to the lab via pre-paid courier.
- 2-3 week turnaround time
- You receive a follow up appointment and your test results
37 Amino Acids:
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. They are needed in all cellular processes, from creating cells to healing any damages in the body.
Scientific research has demonstrated that conditions as varied as sensitivities, cardiovascular disease, macular degeneration, bone disorders and insomnia are associated with amino acid imbalances.
Numerous health conditions are associated with amino acid metabolism.The production of neurotransmitters and hormones, nitric oxide (oxygen production in the blood), urea, antioxidants, connective tissue and ATP (energy production) are just a few examples.
Amino acids are required for neurotransmitter and hormone production such as glutamate, histidine, tyrosine, tryptophan, arginine, ornithine and glutamine.
Arginine is needed for nitric oxide production and glutathione production requires glutamine, cysteine, glycine and methionine.
If 1 of the amino acids is missing, a protein cannot be built/created.
Some examples in every day vital processes:
- The most common phase II liver detoxification reactions involve glutathione, taurine, and glycine.
- Proline, isoleucine, leucine and valine are required for connective tissue, muscle metabolism and tissue repair
- Glutamic acid, aspartic acid and alanine are vital in the citric acid (cellular energy) cycle.
Common Conditions Associated With Amino Acid Imbalance:
Slow wound healing
What Can Cause Animo Acid Deficiency?
- Eating disorders
- Leaky gut
- Nutrient malabsorption
- Antacids (Omeprazole, Gaviscon etc)
- Scrict diets lacking protein
- Over and under exercising
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn's, Ulcerative colitits)
- Coeliac disease
Amino Acid Profile - Complete
We recommend that you always seek the advice of a qualified health care practitioner regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment before acting on this test information. Nourished by Nature does not provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice. Nourished by Nature is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or negative consequence caused in whole or in part by interpreting, delivering, or reporting information through the utilizing of laboratory testing services. In no event shall we be liable to you or any other party for any decisions made or action taken or not taken by you in reliance on such information.