* Please note: this product info is for information purpose only. All Pract. Only supplements require a prescription.
To purchase this product, fill out the Prescription Request Form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 0273485361 to arrange a prescription.
For Sleeplessness And Mild Anxiety.
Ingredients in NeuroCalm Sleep have been used:
- For sleeplessness - for a restful sleep, to get to sleep faster and stay asleep longer.*
- To relieve mild anxiety, tension and worry.*
* In traditional Chinese and Western herbal medicine.
- NeuroCalm Sleep has sedative qualities which relieve insomnia and mild anxiety. California poppy has traditionally been used for its sedating effects, therefore contributing to a calm and restful sleep. Animal studies have suggested this sedative effect may be due to its ability to bind to GABA receptors and activate them. Lavender oil also acts via GABA receptors and provides additional calming effects by moderating production of stress hormones such as adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), which stimulates cortisol production. Passion flower has an anxiolytic effect by affecting GABA neurotransmitter pathways. Flavonoids from passion flower bind to the stress receptor sites of the GABAA receptor. Zizyphus’ calming effects come from its ability to increase the effect of GABA. GABA is a calming neurotransmitter and its activity promotes sleepiness and relaxation.
- NeuroCalm Sleep reduces effects of excitatory neurotransmitters. Linalool from lavender oil inhibits acetylcholine release and glutamate binding in the cerebral cortex. Its ability to ease tension and promote a restful sleep come from this ability to alter excitatory neurotransmitters such as glutamate and noradrenaline. Zizyphus also reduces the neuroexcitatory effects of glutamate thus reducing wakefulness and alertness.
For mild anxiety: Take 1 tablet twice daily with food.
For Sleeplessness: Take 2 tablets once daily with your evening meal.