Formerly known as;
Labtests, Northland Pathology, Taranaki Pathology, Hawkes Bay SCL, Wellington SCL, Medlab South, Canterbury SCL and Southern Community Laboratories
Blood Test Requests
There are a large range of tests available via your local blood collection centres that most people aren't aware of being available to the public.
What tests are available to me?
Blood tests such as Iron studies, Vitamin D, ANA, Coeliac, Liver Function test, Thyroid Function tests (TSH, T4, T3, Antibodies), HbAc1 (Insulin resistance, diabetes) and many more.
See the Medlab (Nelson & North Canterbury) price list here.
These prices are standard across most laboratories in NZ.
How do I order a blood test?
You do not need a full consultation to get a blood test.
1. Contact Daisy via email: email@example.com or ph. 027 348 5361 to request a blood test.
2. An invoice will be send to your email addres.
3. You can collect your blood test form from Nourished by Nature, 209-219 Trafalgar street (Balance building in Buxton square, Nelson), or it can be send to you by post after payment has been cleared. Note; Laboratories do not accept PDF's or photo's of the form.
4. Book your time with your local laboratory, contact 03 523 8900 for Nelson and Richmond or visit www.meblabsouth.co.nz to book online for the Nelson region.
For those outside of Nelson, contact your local blood collection centre (Awanui Labs)
How much does my blood test cost?
- If you are prescribed a blood test during your consultation, there is no fee for the form.
- If you would like a blood test without a consultation, the cost for the form is $20.00. An invoice will be send to you.
- You will pay your laboratory directly for the requested tests at your appointment.
The results will be send to you in an email with an explanation of the results.
If the results are abnormal/out of normal range, you will need to make an appointment to discuss your results and best treatment option.