Reiki is an energy balancing/healing technique that promotes relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety through gentle touch or holding the hands above the body.
The word Reiki means: REI = Universal KI = Vital Life Force/Energy, which flows through all living things.
Reiki is used all over the world, including hospitals and hospice as a complimentary treatment.
The Health Benefits of Reiki
Reiki promotes relaxation, stress reduction and symptom relief to improve overall health and well-being.
On a physical level Reiki has been shown to:
- Foster tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery. - Stimulate your body’s immune system. - Promote natural self-healing. - Relieve pain and tension. - Support the well-being of people receiving traditional medical treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and kidney dialysis.
On an emotional level Reiki can create feelings of:
- Emotional release & healing - Relaxation - Security - Wellness - Balance - Peace
Our bodies have the capability to heal themselves. Our cells die and regenerate every day. When we are going through times of stress, trauma, anxiety, depression or any other emotional distress, our cells & therefore body becomes damaged & imbalanced, which creates a state of dis-ease.
Reiki helps to bring that balance back into place, and therefore increases the body’s function to heal and regenerate itself. Physically and emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
“Reiki aids in healing by helping people become energetically balanced — physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually,” Bodner says.
What does a Reiki session look like?
- You will be lying comfortably, fully clothed with some gentle music in the background. You can lie under a blanket or sit in a chair. There are no fast rules.
The key is for you to be comfortable.
- I will place my hands on/above your body at different points, called chakra’s. See the article “chakra’s” for more in dept information on what these are and what they stand for.
- Every session is experienced differently as our body-mind-spirit changes and moves every day.
- Some people experience tingling, warmth or other sensations. On an emotional level, you may experience emotions and feeling floating by. This is normal and in fact, beneficial. You may want to yawn, stretch or shift at times.
- We may use an essential oil or flower essence if we feel drawn to do so.
- Everything will be discussed and decided with you.
- At the end of the session we will have a glass of water and can have a talk about how you feel etc. if you feel that is what you feel drawn to do.
How many sessions do I need?
For a relaxation session, 1 session here and there is perfectly fine.
If you would like to address and re-balance trauma within the body and/or relieve ongoing emotional distress, 4 sessions are usually recommended.
How much does a session cost?
A session costs $80.00 for approx. 60 min.
4 session package costs $275.00.
I feel that Reiki and energy medicine should be available to everyone and therefore have chosen to keep my cost down to $80.00 per session and $68.75 if a 4 session package has been booked.
Do You Offer Reiki Courses?
Yes, we do.
We offer Reiki Level 1 and Level 2 courses.
1. Request your private Reiki level 1 & 2 - 2 day course
We can arrange the dates to suit you, this can be throughout the week or during a weekend.
027 348 5361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Set course dates
Courses are added to the event page as they are become available and will be posted on Social Media.
To be notified when a group course becomes available, follow us on Facebook.